ESA Summer 2022
Registration, Hotel, and Event Experience
Welcome to ESA Summer 2022! We have been working harder than ever to secure you the best experience both in the event space, and in the hotel in general.
New Registration Site
In time for ESA Summer 2022 we have launched our new registration site.
All attendees are expected to hold a ticket at the event.
- General attendees and runners must register ASAP
- Volunteers who take part in teams that receive complimentary tickets may choose to either register now and receive a refund later, or wait for further instructions from their team
This system supports
- Mobile support
- Payment in multiple currencies
- Payment using convenient payment methods including Apple/Google Pay, and local payment methods such as iDEAL, Giropay, EPS, and bank transfer
- Ability to buy add-on items with your booking or at any time later
This system will make it easier than ever for us to communicate important information about ESA with you.
Create your account at register.esamarathon.com today
10th anniversary dinner party
You are cordially invited to celebrate ESA’s 10th birthday on the evening of Friday, 29 July.
This will be a multi-course dinner party served in the Quality Hotel View. A photographer and guest speakers will be present.
Cost for dinner is 450SEK and dress code is smart casual (or even fancier!)
A selection of free-play arcade games will be returning to ESA Summer 2022, including Jubeat and Groove Coaster. Both games support score saving and you can pre-reserve any necessary IC card at your time of booking
Extended dinner hours
ESA has been able to secure extended dinner hours in the hotel restaurant, who will be serving an ESA buffet every day at a great value price of 120SEK/meal when pre-booked.
Buffet hours will be 1200-1500 and 1900-2300 daily.
Main event hotel
The main event hotel is the Quality Hotel View (“QHV”), which is where the majority of people coming to ESA will be staying. The conference space is directly linked to the hotel rooms by elevators.
As per previous events, online booking is only available for single and double rooms. Triple and Quad rooms should be booked by RSVP to email@example.com on/after 15 May. Please email only one time per group.
Bookings with special requirements such as rooms with joining doors, wheelchair-accessible rooms, and rooms for pets, should be made by telephone, +46 40 37 41 00. All staff speak English.
There are 270 rooms available at Quality Hotel View. The ESA room rate includes breakfast and is fully flexible/refundable up until the day before check in.
- Single – 704 SEK per night
- Twin – 456 SEK per person per night
- Triple – 373 SEK per person per night (limited availability – email only)
- Quad – 330 SEK per person per night (limited availability – email only)
All rates include MOMS (sales tax) at 12%
Overflow / alternative hotel
The overflow hotel is Quality Hotel The Mill, downtown in the lively Triangeln district of Malmö, close to late night drinking and dining.
Trains run from Triangeln station to Hyllie station every 10 minutes throughout the day, and the total journey time is only about 20 minutes.
There are 170 additional rooms available at Quality Hotel The Mill. The ESA room rate includes breakfast and is fully flexible/refundable up until the day before check in. Please click through to the micro-site to see room rates.
ESA highly recommends you take out travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage. COVID-19 is now an insurable option with many policies, however not all.
ESA can not guide you towards a single product as insurance is tailored to your country of residence and individual circumstances. However, we can advise you to look for the following clauses:
- The right to claim back healthcare costs incurred in the case of a COVID-19 infection, such as hospital costs for those without EU citizenship or private testing to fly.
- The right to cancel your trip and reclaim non-refundable expenses incurred if any of the following events would occur.
- You catch COVID-19 and are unable to travel
- A lockdown would be imposed in either the origin or destination country that would leave you unable to attend ESA
- The right to cancel your trip while it is in progress and reclaim expenses incurred in self-isolating plus rearranging travel plans if any of the following events would occur.
- Should you test positive for COVID-19
- Should you become aware of an upcoming lockdown that would leave you unable to re-enter your home country without unreasonable restriction
ESA Summer 2022 tickets are non-refundable so it is very important you and your friends all have sufficient cover.