CODE OF CONDUCT
When attending an event hosted by ESA you are expected to be aware of and follow our rules and guidelines outlined in this Code of Conduct.
You may always approach a volunteer or email our safety and security team if you feel like there is reason to believe that someone is acting contrary to the code of conduct. Every volunteer and team leader at ESA is instructed on how to escalate to the safety and security team, or if necessary the emergency services.
All reports filed with the safety and security team are handled confidentially and with discretion. If between events you wish to bring information to our attention regarding any individual who you believe may cause trouble or discomfort at an ESA event, please send it to email@example.com. All concerns shared with the safety and security team are stored inside the unit to validate and consider the risks involved with specific person(s).
Attendees violating the code of conduct may be asked to leave the event without refund. Be aware that violating the code of conduct outside of the time of an ESA event may prohibit you from participating in future events.
For any complaints or concerns, please forward your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESA Rules and Guidelines
ESA is an event held for hundreds of people from all around the world attending on site. Culture, personal beliefs and social norms may differ between attendees. To make sure the event runs smoothly there are rules and guidelines, beyond laws and hotel requests, that we expect everyone attending our event to follow.
Please stay informed that these rules may come to change in between and during events. We request all attendees to read up on the current code of conduct before every event. If a change ever comes in place during the time of an ESA event information will be spread through ESA social media.
Hotel Rules and Guidelines
As guests in a hotel we are all obligated to follow guidelines and rules set by the hotel staff. All hotel staff members have the right to reject any individual from their premises when they see fit.
The hotel reserves the right to update these guidelines at any time during an event.
You are expected to:
- Not consume hot or cooked food, bought outside of the hotel, in any of the public areas.
- Cold food may be consumed in public areas (salads, sandwiches, drinks).
- Snacks may be consumed if a clean surrounding can be assured.
- Not consume alcohol bought outside of the hotel in any of the public areas.
- Not smoke in the hotel or at the entrance.
- The hotel requests smokers to walk at least 20 meters away from the entrance.
- Keep the hotel and surrounding area clean and free from litter.
Additional Stream Area Rules and Guidelines
While being visible on stream you are expected to act in a way that upholds the values of ESA and keep a positive and functioning environment.
The stream and the stream area is administered by the fundraising and tech teams. If you have questions or inputs regarding these areas, contact their team leaders.
- Runners and commentators must not
- Break any Twitch Terms of Service.
- Be intoxicated.
- Read or interact with the stream’s chat.
- Mention or provoke chat or chat moderators.
- Audience members must not interfere with or pull attention from the runs, runners or working volunteers.
- Any individual banned on Twitch is also banned from appearing on stream.
- Any “practical jokes” planned or intended during a run must be approved by the tech and fundraising teams beforehand.
- Runners and volunteers may remove commentators at any time during a run.
- Keep the stream area litter-free and return any items you rearrange after a run.
- If you want to rearrange the stage before a run you need permission from tech.
- Do not distract volunteers who are currently on shift.
Contact and information
If you have any questions regarding our code of conduct, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
If you want to report any incidents, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. At an event, any volunteer can put you in contact with the right person. Read more about who to contact and our procedures at the ESA Safety and Security team page.