Break the Record: ONLINE – Sonic Adventure DX
October 30, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – November 2, 2020 @ 2:00 am
ESA is holding an online edition of Break the Record: LIVE in collaboration with the Sonic Speedrunning community. This will be a three day event with a $3,000 prize pool
Prize pool sponsored by Kaspersky
- 1st place: $1,250
- 2nd place: $750
- 3rd place: $400
- 4th-6th: $200
ESA is holding open qualifiers for this event
Join the Sonic Community Discord to find out more: https://discord.gg/pwnWuZX
Join the BTRL – Event Discord to get involved: https://discord.gg/7kJYmNv
Qualifier leader board: https://www.speedrun.com/sadx/full_game#BTRL_-_All_Stories
Category Rules – All Stories
- This Category is PC Disc/Steam Version Exclusive.
- Start the timer on screen fadeout after selecting Game from the Character Selection screen OR on the last input in the instructions menu.
- Stop the timer when the In-Game timer for Perfect Chaos stops.
- You do not have to watch the credits at the end of each story.
- As the credits start you can soft reset or close and re open the game.
- PC Disc/Steam-specific rules:
- Runs are timed by IGT (In-game Time.) This is NOT the save file timer, if you do not know how to configure Livesplit to show IGT and RTA times please use the following guide: Configuring Livesplit to IGT and RTA for Sonic Adventure DX
- Any Enhancements or UI Scaling Graphics with SADX Mod Manager not allowed.
- The following mods are approved:
- Xinput fix / Input Mod
- 63/60 fps mod
- No cheats of any kind, unofficial versions, or texture hacks are allowed for these runs.
- Removing voice files or replacing music files is allowed during the qualifying period but not during the main contest.
- Editing voices files is not allowed as they impact the game directly.