CODE OF CONDUCT
There is no such thing as a comprehensive or one-size-fits-all rule set. All incidents brought to the attention of organisers, both within the event space and elsewhere, will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
If during an event you have any questions or incidents you wish to raise in private, please find a member of the organising team on site or email firstname.lastname@example.org, ideally including your phone number for a call back. We can meet with you in a comfortable private location, either a meeting room or your own hotel room.
If between events you wish to bring information to our attention about a person or persons who you believe may cause cause trouble or discomfort at an ESA event, please also send it to email@example.com. We will hold this on record and make an appropriate decision at the point where we consider there to be a non hypothetical risk to either event attendees or ESA.
ESA reserves the right to withdraw tickets after they have been issued for any reason not forbidden by law. A non-comprehensive list of inappropriate conduct is included below. Any person attending an ESA event without a valid ticket will be asked, and then required, to leave the property. The organising group will agree upon and state in writing the reason for any warning or badge removal within a day.
ESA uses name badges as access control and for your security so we can identify people who should not be in the event space.
Please wear your name badge visibly at all times when in the event space.
Crew will do badge checks during the event. If your badge is clearly visible around your neck you will probably not notice our checks.
GENERAL EVENT CONDUCT
- Assault and battery
- Intimidation, physical or verbal
- Sexual assault
- Harassment, verbal or physical, due to protected group characteristics
- Age, race, national identity, sexuality, gender identity, body size, disability (seen or unseen)
- Theft of belongings (includes ‘borrowing’ without permission)
- Filming or photography in a fashion which breaks any of the above rules
- Bringing intoxicants into the event space (drugs and alcohol) not purchased from the venue
- Leaving waste around the venue (the hotel will not touch “our belongings”)
- Napping or sleeping in the venue
STREAM AREA CONDUCT
- Runners and commentators must not have chat open
- Runners and commentators must not mention chat or chat mods
- Runners, commentators and donation readers must not be under the influence when presenting
- Runners and commentators must at all times stay within the Twitch TOS. Any person(s) attending ESA but banned on Twitch are not permitted to run, couch, host, or read donations
- The audience and commentators must not arrange “practical jokes” that distract from the run in progress or upstage the runner.
- Runner has absolute discretion to exclude people from their couch at any time for any reason.
- No attendee may enter the stream production area or other closed areas without the permission of a person with a leader badge
- While on stream, runners are allowed to wear sponsored clothing. For example a branded shirt or baseball cap are allowed
- Runners must take care to not present personal sponsors in a fashion that they may be confused as ESA sponsors.
- ESA’s name or logotypes must not be used next to the logos of personal sponsors in marketing material produced by the runner or the personal sponsor
Live streaming, photography and videography will take place within ESA for the purposes of producing the stream, providing video on demand services, and marketing the event. By collecting your badge you give ESA irrevocable consent to use your image for these purposes. Without this permission it is not possible to allow access to the event space.